This is the place to submit and vote on photos for the week of 26 December to be featured on the main site. This contest should showcase your best quality work, demonstrating at least moderate skill with a camera and a general understanding of the artistic aspects of photography. Remember, the selected photo will be displayed on our main site header for a week. Submit something that you and the members of our site will want to look at and admire for seven days! This contest is for the community to choose what they LIKE (not what they dislike), with the most liked being displayed on the main site header for a week.
.: Voting Closes on Dec 25th at 11:59pm EDT (UTC-4) :.
THEME: CHRISTMAS and the HOLIDAYS
This week we are introducing PotW themes! For the next two weeks, all submissions must conform to the
Christmas and Holidays 2011 theme. Anything related to the holidays, including Thanksgiving, and continuing up through the New Year, is acceptable. Shots of Christmas Tree Ornaments, Christmas decorations, Hanukkah, super-tasty holiday dishes and treats, light displays, etc. etc. all qualify. If you wish to submit something for a non-western holiday, feel free to do so, however please provide some information explaining the holiday and if possible, a link to Wikipedia or something similar. Additionally, please refrain from submitting photos that "sorta-kinda might qualify", such as late fall scenery, or simple photos of snow covered landscapes. Make sure there is something key and central to the shot, in the frame, that makes it a HOLIDAY shot! :)
As a theme rule, anything that does not qualify and is not removed on request will be deleted before the end of the contest, to keep things on-theme.
Submissions may be added any day of the week until voting closes. The winning image (with the highest votes) as of the close of voting will be exhibited on the main site.
- Limit one photo per person per contest.
- Include a title for the image
- A specific photo may be submitted at most two weeks in a row
- A specific photo may not be submitted more than four times a year.
- Keep all images appropriate, we want this site to be work safe.
- Do not submit any photo if you are currently featured.
- Images must be 210 px high and up to 375 px wide.
- Images must be in landscape orientation.
- Do not use this forum as a means to get critiques!
- Showcase your best works!
- Up votes only!
- Only vote up the images you like...ignore those you do not.
- DO NOT use this forum as a place for image critique. Use chat for that (you'll get far better feedback)!
- DO NOT vote down your competitors! UP VOTES ONLY! Don't like, don't vote.
We encourage you to include a link to a larger version of your image. You may host your work on sites such as Flickr, 1x.com, 500px.com, RedBubble.com, etc. to showcase larger versions.
You should include a title for your image. Feel free to include a concise description that explains the image, the emotion behind them, etc. and perhaps some explanation of gear and exposure settings, etc.