This is the place to submit and vote on photos for the week of 9 April to be featured on the main site. This contest should showcase your best quality work, demonstrating at least moderate skill with a camera and a general understanding of the artistic aspects of photography. Remember, the selected photo will be displayed on our main site header for a week. Submit something that you and the members of our site will want to look at and admire for seven days! This contest is for the community to choose what they LIKE (not what they dislike), with the most liked being displayed on the main site header for a week.
.: Voting Closes on April 8th at 11:59pm EDT (UTC-4) :.
THIS WEEK's theme is FIRE
(And the last of our classical elements series.)
This theme is the fourth of a four-week series. The NEXT WEEK will conform to the theme below. Each week will be for a different element: Earth, Air, Water, Fire. The idea is to depict the ancient "Classical Elements", often involved in magic, fundamental to the workings and creation of the universe. Opposing and complementary.
This week's theme is about the Classical Element of Fire. All photos must involve this searing element in some way or another. We encourage you to show you creative side here - show us fire in a whole new way. See full details about the theme here.
Submissions may be added any day of the week until voting closes. The winning image (with the highest votes) as of the close of voting will be exhibited on the main site.
- Limit one photo per person per contest
- A specific photo may be submitted at most two weeks in a row
- A specific photo may not be submitted more than four times a year
- Keep all images appropriate, we want this site to be work safe
- Do not submit any photo if you are currently featured
- Images must be 210 px high and up to 375 px wide
- Images must be in landscape orientation
- Do not use this forum as a means to get critiques!
- Showcase your best works!
- Up votes only!
- Only vote up the images you like...ignore those you do not.
- DO NOT use this forum as a place for image critique. Use chat for that (you'll get far better feedback)!
- DO NOT vote down your competitors! UP VOTES ONLY! Don't like, don't vote.
We encourage you to include a link to a larger version of your image. You may host your work on sites such as Flickr, 1x.com, 500px.com, RedBubble.com, etc. to showcase larger versions.
Feel free to include a concise description that explains the image, the emotion behind them, etc. and perhaps some explanation of gear and exposure settings, etc.