- While I'm not 100% sold, I think it has potential and I am optimistic.
- There are a lot of rough edges. I'll give a few examples below. I wonder if the comment period before going live (one day?) was too short.
Some specific notes off the top of my head:
- The top bar is way too big.
- The "photo of the week" is a huge win, but I think putting it in the top bar is the wrong place. Could it go on the side bar (above the tags?)
- IMO, don't print titles for these photos, or a least make them smaller. I personally have zero interest in photo titles: what I want for this space is (a) the photo, (b) who took it, and (c) how I submit mine.
- Something happened to the fonts; they're harder to read than before.
- The meta site is not working. In particular, the tools above this edit box and the white bar at the top are essentially illegible. In general, the contrast is too low. IMO, the inversion should be dropped; no top bar photo plus some minor color would be sufficiently differentiating.
- The new tags (text in brackets) are much clunkier than before.
Anyway, bottom line is I think that it will end up very nice, but for the time being it looks unpolished. And I emphasize that it is awesome we have a designer now; I've built websites and bringing in a graphic designer is a huge value-add. So thanks!