Someone recently created . We already have . It'd be good if were merged into , please.

(I know there's a process by which non-mod users can propose tag synonyms and they may eventually become reality, but it's tedious and awkward and effectively doesn't work.)

  • Thanks, @MikeW!
    – mattdm
    Mar 30 '16 at 21:46
  • 2
    Agree about non mods creating synonyms. It's a joke.
    – dpollitt
    Apr 2 '16 at 9:43
  • I thought fps/framerate was about videography and wasn't supposed to be discussed here?
    – KohGeek
    Apr 24 '16 at 15:48
  • @KohGeek In still photography, it's the way the speed of continuous drive is specified. In fact, merging into continuous-drive might be an option.
    – mattdm
    Apr 24 '16 at 15:53
  • I see, thanks for the clarification. One more thing, is there a burst-shoot tag or something?
    – KohGeek
    Apr 24 '16 at 15:54
  • @KohGeek Look like we also have burst-mode. That should probably be merged into continuous-drive (creating an alias). Or the other way around — I don't have a strong opinion on which is the primary.
    – mattdm
    Apr 24 '16 at 16:02
  • Many user will prefer burst mode as it's the usual terminology, in normal discussion I do say burst-mode more then continuous drive.
    – KohGeek
    Apr 24 '16 at 16:05
  • 1
    @KohGeek I'm not so sure about that. "Burst mode" maybe more common now, but "continuous drive" is certainly the traditional term and AFAIK what most manuals will use. Also, there may be a slight distinction, as burst mode implies short-duration high-framerate capture, whereas continuous drive could mean that, or long-duration low-framerate (although not timelapse, but that boundary is blurry).
    – mattdm
    Apr 24 '16 at 16:57

You must log in to answer this question.

Browse other questions tagged .