I am extremely new to this SE site and I have not been on SE for a while in general, so I kind of got out of the SE 'habits'.

I would like to know if questions, typically 'How did they develop this photograph?' are on scope here. To put this into more context, I aim to ask how the author of a specific photograph managed to merge two photographs on black and white film through the use of enlarger. I apologize if this has been asked before, or if questions on the process of this kind already exist. I couldn't find anything.


1 Answer 1


Yes, these types of questions are on scope and welcomed here provided one uses a descriptive title and also describes what exact attribute in the image it is that one wishes to understand and/or replicate. Since only text is searchable here, the lack of a good descriptive title and question body makes it difficult for anyone else looking for similar information to find an existing question that only asks "how do I get this effect?"

For more, please see:
Important information for asking "What's this effect?" questions
What's the best way to ask a "How do I achieve this effect?" question?

  • \$\begingroup\$ Thank you so much, I learned a lot through your answer and the links provided. \$\endgroup\$
    – D. Tunus
    Commented Nov 10, 2016 at 6:10

You must log in to answer this question.

Not the answer you're looking for? Browse other questions tagged .