Is it appropriate to use the site to get feedback on photos? I.e. composition, exposure etc.
The community decided that 'general feedback' on photographs is off-topic for this site during the initiation of the group (see the FAQ), however if you're looking for the answer to a specific question regarding some aspect of a photograph you took that would be on-topic. In general examples of on-topic might be:
- What can I do to make the subject's eyes brighter?
- How can I make the background more out-of-focus than the subject?
- What sort of filter can I use to make the greens in this picture pop more?
Examples of off-topic might be:
- Is this this good picture?
- What do you think of this picture?
- How could I make this picture better?
It can be, as long as you're asking something specific about the photo, ideally something technical.
Give context for the photo and explain what exactly you want to get feedback on, what technique in the photo that is of interest.