Is it appropriate to use the site to get feedback on photos? I.e. composition, exposure etc.
The community decided that 'general feedback' on photographs is off-topic for this site during the initiation of the group (see the FAQ), however if you're looking for the answer to a specific question regarding some aspect of a photograph you took that would be on-topic. In general examples of on-topic might be:
- What can I do to make the subject's eyes brighter?
- How can I make the background more out-of-focus than the subject?
- What sort of filter can I use to make the greens in this picture pop more?
Examples of off-topic might be:
- Is this this good picture?
- What do you think of this picture?
- How could I make this picture better?