I am a relatively new photographer, having been at if for only a few years. I chose Canon gear when I finally took the plunge into DSLR. I am an avid hobbyist now, and love everything about photography, from the gear, to the science, to the art. I spent years reading about the technology and photography theory, so I am very well versed in the technical aspects of photography. My artistic skills are moderate, but improving. You can see my work @ the following sites:
My interests lie primarily in nature photography:
- Songbird Setups
- Shore Birds & Waders
- All others
- Wide Field
- Deep Sky
- Floral Macro
- Insect Macro
I currently use the following gear:
- Canon EOS 7D
- Canon EOS 450D (Rebel XSi)
- EF 16-35 f/2.8 USM L Wide
- EF 50mm f/1.4 USM
- EF 100mm f/2.8 USM Macro
- EF 100-400mm f/3.5-5.6 IS USM L Zoom
- EF 600mm f/4 L IS II
- Canon EF 1.4x TC III
- Kenko 1.4x Teleplus Pro 300 DGX
- Periodic Rentals:
- EF 300mm f/2.8 L IS II
- EF 500mm f/4 L IS II
- Canon EF 2x TC III
- Lee Foundation Kit (x2) + Tandem Adapter
- Lee .3/.6 ND
- Lee .3/.6/.9 Soft Grad ND
- Lee .3/.6/.9 Hard Grad ND
- Lee CPL
- Gitzo Systematic GT3532LS 3S. Series 3 Tripod
- Jobu Pro 2 Gimbal
- Gitzo Mountaineer GT0541 4S. Series.0 Tripod
- Gitzo GH1780QR Series.1 Mag. Center Ball Head
Member for 8 years, 11 months
385 profile views
Last seen Mar 29 at 17:53
- Photography♦ 64.7k 64.7k 1010 gold badges150150 silver badges294294 bronze badges
- Stack Overflow 27.6k 27.6k 1010 gold badges7979 silver badges123123 bronze badges
- Christianity 976 976 66 silver badges1010 bronze badges
- Super User 493 493 44 silver badges1414 bronze badges
- Home Improvement 360 360 22 gold badges55 silver badges1414 bronze badges
- View network profile →
Top network posts
- 304 Good examples of RAW's advantages over JPEG?
- 241 What do all those cryptic number and letter codes in a lens name mean?
- 97 How and why do you use an image histogram?
- 91 How do I set the proper exposure for nighttime moon photos?
- 82 What is NHibernate?
- 81 What does f-stop mean?
- 79 Best way to check for inner exception?
- View more network posts →