My interest is making entropy sources using simple and commonly available components like webcams and Zener diodes. These can then be the foundations of your own true random number generators (TRNGs) you can rely on to not have been compromised by governments or their agencies.
Or things like the Photonic Instrument, which produces entropy at over 200kbps:-
Visit http://www.reallyreallyrandom.com/photonic/live-entropy/ to see it running on-line.
And the Zenerglass, an avalanche diode based entropy source:-
Member for 4 years, 8 months
13 profile views
Last seen Apr 12 '17 at 21:00
- Cryptography 7.9k 7.9k 11 gold badge1717 silver badges3838 bronze badges
- Electrical Engineering 3.6k 3.6k 22 gold badges1818 silver badges4343 bronze badges
- Computer Science 941 941 77 silver badges1717 bronze badges
- Photography 614 614 55 silver badges1010 bronze badges
- Engineering 557 557 22 silver badges1111 bronze badges
- View network profile →
Top network posts
- 70 What am I photographing INSIDE my camera?
- 60 Why do we not combine random number generators?
- 40 What is electrical insulation tape officially for?
- 35 Why does a commercial PCB need this much rework?
- 35 Why doesn't steganography increase the size of an uncompressed image?
- 28 Differences between industrial and military cryptography
- 28 Why aren't CPUs cooled from below as well as above?
- View more network posts →