Just Another Genome Hacker,
Sadly, my most voted-up answer on Stackoverflow (311 votes) belonged to a question that later got deleted. The question came from a girl that asked for something cute that she could put on the icing of a birthday cake for her programmer boyfriend.
I suggested that, if her boyfriend is somewhat mathematically inclined, she write the following:
sin(t) √|cos(t)| r = __________________ - 2 sin(t) + 2 sin(t) + 7/5
If he doesn't get it at first, she could tease him with saying that it is obvious that he should take the polar plot of it. If he still doesn't get it, she should tell him to enter it in WolframAlpha, that should yield the result:
- Stack Overflow 16.9k 16.9k 1919 gold badges7070 silver badges118118 bronze badges
- Photography 685 685 11 gold badge1010 silver badges2626 bronze badges
- Super User 512 512 22 gold badges99 silver badges2020 bronze badges
- Bioinformatics 401 401 33 silver badges1010 bronze badges
- Ask Ubuntu 381 381 33 silver badges1616 bronze badges
- View network profile
Top network posts
- 519 How can I format a decimal to always show 2 decimal places?
- 81 'exception has been thrown by a target of invocation' when starting up Visual Studio 2010
- 55 How to properly deobfusacte a Perl script?
- 49 Get all the diagonals in a matrix/list of lists in Python
- 48 'exception has been thrown by a target of invocation' when starting up Visual Studio 2010
- 42 Family tree layout with Dot/GraphViz
- 39 Extracting code from photograph of T-shirt via OCR
- View more network posts →