I have set up a complete color workflow in order to photograph artwork in a studio setting.
- Using Passport Color Checker to make a custom camera profile for Lightroom
- Calibrating my monitors with XRite i1Pro (Δe < 2)
- Using Epson-supplied print profiles matched to the Epson printer and paper I'm using
- Verifying in Lightroom "soft proof" that nothing is out of printer gamut
- Verifying that a print of the Passport target is virtually identical to the actual target under identical lighting conditions
The problem is that even with all these steps there is a visible difference at the blue end of the spectrum, and the difference seems to be non-linear relative to luminance.
I want to ask what I should change to get better results. I would provide a lot more detail regarding equipment and lighting setup.
Is that on-topic for the main site or is it too nuts-and-bolts technical? If off-topic, is there a site where it would be on-topic?